The breathable Sports fabric is one of the top choices for sportsperson that can absorb sweat very easily to keep sportsmen cool all through the game.
- Synthetics like polyester do not absorb moisture. But it helps in quickly transporting it to the outer surface, from where it dries off easily.
- Cotton tends to absorb sweat and while this is fine in a regular environment. But for a sports person who sweats a lot and regularly, the garment will become wet, sticky and uncomfortable.
- Sportswear is typically designed to be lightweight so as not to hinder the wearer. The best athletic wear for some forms of exercise, for example jogging, should not create difficulty to deal with.
On the other hand, sportswear should be loose enough so that the wearer can move freely.
Moisture-wicking fabrics are a class of hi-tech fabrics. It provides moisture control for an athlete’s skin. They move sweating away from the body to the fabric’s outer surface from where it can dry quickly.
- These fabrics typically are soft, lightweight, and stretchy. In other words, they are perfectly suited for making sports wear. Moisture-wicking means that the fabric is absorbent and the wet fabric will not be sticky on your skin.
- There are wide range of fabrics used to make garments like T-shirts, sports bras, running and cycling jerseys, tracksuits, and polo-style shirts for any physical activity where the goal is to keep your skin as cool and dry as possible.
Due to the popularity of garments made from these fabrics, more variations of it are introduced to the market.